- MTV’s Transgender Awareness Week Initiative Is ‘Television Done Right’
- Set-Top Box Energy Efficiency Agreement Named ‘Project of the Year’
- Internet Trends Report Shows Streaming Dominates Internet Traffic
- Mobile and Social: How We’re Really Getting Our News
- Why TV Everywhere Will Soon Be the New Norm
Since 1996, cable companies have invested $200 billion on capital expenditures. These investments go directly to improving products, services, and speeds. In 2013 alone, $13 million was invested to build out advanced hybrid fiber-coaxial cable (HFC) networks and other infrastructure.
This week’s #BroadData is a look at this steady investment over time. Investment has always been (and will continue to be) a big part of the cable business model as it fosters America’s largest digital platform for growth and innovation.