Primary Job Duties/Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Advance NCTA’s legislative agenda on Capitol Hill.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with Members of Congress and their staffs.
- Communicate NCTA’s priorities effectively on the Hill and to other stakeholders and interested parties.
- Work collaboratively with NCTA’s internal advocates, external consultants, and other allies.
- Work closely with member companies, e.g., make introductions, coordinate and report out on Hill meetings, share information, and understand their business models and policy positions.
- Communicate frequently and effectively with assigned offices, NCTA’s government relations team, and member companies to provide progress reports, breaking news, predictions, and hypotheses.
- Engage in a range of advocacy activities to further the formation and implementation of NCTA’s legislative strategies.
- Participate in NCTA policy and legislative strategy working groups.
- Prepare advocacy materials, including one pagers, talking points, infographics, letters, press statements, op-eds, and action alerts.
- Coordinate departmental preparation for hearings and markups and report out on same as needed.
- Monitor House and Senate activity in Committees and on the floor as needed.
- Prepare weekly reports and updates as needed.
- Build network on and off the Hill.
Qualifications & Experience:
*Please note that applicants who have between 5 and 8 years of experience are also encouraged to apply. If selected, the applicant with 5-8 years of experience will be hired as a Director.
- Minimum of *8-10 years prior experience with the Hill, Administration, or government relations (required).
- Strong working knowledge of the legislative process, including appropriations (required), and experience working in both the House and Senate (preferred).
- Familiarity and prior experience working on cable, tech, communications issues.
- Familiarity with the FCC, FTC, NTIA, and/or DHS.
- A strong sense of diplomacy and demonstrated success in developing strong collaborative relationships with organizational peers and outside colleagues.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including an ease in communicating complex concepts in a clear effective way for a general audience.
- Recognized ability to meet multiple deadlines by maintaining a high level of organization.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and independently, yet cooperatively.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Good judgment and discretion.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word for Windows and familiarity with SalesForce, Excel, PowerPoint, and Keynote.
Only applicants who submit a cover letter and resume will be considered