NCTA – The Internet & Television Association is looking for an experienced, reliable, and detail oriented Accountant. This role will work with staff throughout the organization and will ensure timely payments of invoices and expense vouchers using automated systems, while maintaining accurate records.
Primary Job Duties/Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Processes invoices, check requests and employee expense reports for payment.
- Receives, scans and records invoices received into the Paramount Workplace database.
- Forwards invoices, check requests, and expenses to relevant departments for approval.
- Reviews information to ensure proper approval, coding, documentation and accuracy when returned from the departments.
- Prints checks as needed.
- Maintains vendor files, contract files, W-9 form files, etc.
- Works closely with vendors to resolve issues regarding discrepancies and outstanding invoices.
- Prepares monthly Sales and Use Tax returns to D.C. Treasurer.
- Prepares IRS Form 1099-Misc issued to independent contractors.
- Completes credit application forms.
- Assists in preparation of budget schedules and any other accounting projects.
- Orders supplies for the department.
- Receives and distributes mail for the department.