Primary Job Duties/Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a digital/social/content strategy that support’s NCTA’s mission and is innovative, engaging and effective at reaching NCTAʼs target audiences.
- Oversee and contribute to the management and production of a variety of content for NCTAʼs digital and social media platforms. Be both a team leader and team contributor.
- Develop ideas for creative content (articles, infographics, videos, etc.) that can communicate complicated policy issues to a general audience.
- Research and write articles for NCTA’s website.
- Regularly evaluate NCTAʼs digital media strategy and tactics to ensure they align with the organization’s strategy and policy objectives.
- Build digital advertising plans to promote NCTA content via search, social media and other media.
- Create and maintain an editorial calendar.
- Manage timelines, budgets and resources in a timely and efficient manner.
- Utilize social listening and analytics tools to generate insights.
- Help create and oversee social media guidelines for the association to encourage responsible employee engagement where it makes sense.
- At least 5 - 7 years of experience managing digital content and social media platforms for campaigns, brands or businesses.
- Proven success developing and implementing tactical plans that build and nurture online stakeholders.
- Experience establishing metrics, developing insights and recommending strategies that achieve specific goals.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills, as well as project management and organizational skills.
- Passion for and experience with managing social media presences and an interest in the latest trends.
- Creative thinker with ability to translate ideas into written and visual storytelling.
- Demonstrated ability to develop messaging that best represents the organization’s voice and tone online.
- Very high attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills.
- Analytical skills, comfortable working with, interpreting and presenting data, as well as the ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format.
- Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts or communications, marketing, advertising, public relations and/or related fields.
- Experience using Word Press, Drupal, HTML and other basic content management systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency in Google Analytics and other social media insights and analytic tools.
- Basic video and photo editing skills, including Final Cut, Adobe Premiere Pro and Photoshop.
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
Only applicants who submit a cover letter and resume will be considered.