NCTA - The Internet & Television Association represents network innovators and content creators that connect, entertain, inform and inspire consumers every day. Our industry supports 3 million American jobs and employs at least 300 people in every congressional district. NCTA’s member companies have a groundbreaking history and equally impressive vision for the future, emboldened by a spirit of innovation, creativity and passion to be the best.
This position normally operates in a professional office environment. However, remote work may take place due to COVID-19 and any other pandemic or for any reason as determined by NCTA’s CEO.
NCTA seeks a Legislative Assistant who will provide high level, confidential, project coordination and administrative support for the External and State Government Relations team; following up to ensure all team deliverables are prioritized and executed in a timely manner.
- Assists with monitoring, tracking and analyzing state legislative and regulatory issues related to broadband, telecommunications and video.
- Works with the VP and State Legislative Counsel to manage the relationship with the state legislative tracking service.
- Drafts memos, talking points and presentations with the team related to state legislative activity and work with our strategic partners.
- Works with the External Affairs team to stay current on the activities of strategic partners; responds to inquiries and routes matters as appropriate.
- Attends and arranges logistics for webinars and meetings including internal organizational and external meetings.
- Schedules and manages calendars, including the coordination of meetings requiring interaction with both internal and external executives and partner organizations.
- Researches and maintains contact lists for Government Relations Team-supported committees and inputs data regularly into relevant dashboard/databases.
- Works with the team to provide resource material for the virtual resource center; responds to member company requests and inquiries.
- Maintains and processes invoices, expense reports, and tracks vendor payments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.