- Annual Walter Kaitz Dinner Raises Nearly $1.7 Million to Conclude Diversity Week
- Another Dominant Night as Premium TV Takes Big Emmy Wins
- Why NCTA is Now The Internet & Television Association
- Coming Together to Prioritize Diversity
- Cable’s Industry-Wide Initiative to Support Veterans Year-Round
Earlier this summer, NTIA released data showing how quickly broadband speeds are increasing. The data also revealed how it’s not just a lucky few who are getting top-tier speeds – its a growing majority. Perhaps most notably is that the data shows two-thirds of Americans have access to speeds over 100 Mbps. An astounding feat considering in June 2010, only ten percent had access to 100 Mbps. And taken with our report last week on many of cable’s new gigabit-to-the-home broadband projects, it would seem that this speed dominance isn’t going to stop anytime soon.
This infographic from The Connectivist does a great job showing just how quickly speeds have come in four years.