NCTA Seeks Nominees for 2013 Vanguard Awards
Annual Awards Will Recognize the Cable Industry’s Brightest Leaders
WASHINGTON, DC – The National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) issued its annual call for nominations for the Vanguard Awards, the cable industry’s highest honor. Now in their 48th year, the Vanguard Awards honor the cable industry’s foremost leaders in management, technology, programming, operations and marketing whose accomplishments merit the recognition of the entire industry.
The awards will be presented during The Cable Show 2013, June 10-12, 2013, at the Walter Washington Convention Center in Washington, DC.
Nominations for the Vanguard Awards are due to NCTA by Monday, March 29, 2013. Further information and nomination forms are available at www.thecableshow.com/vanguardawards.
Inaugurated in 1965, the Vanguard Awards are presented annually to individuals with a commitment to excellence. Award winners are honored in the following categories:
- Distinguished Vanguard Award for Leadership (Man)
- Distinguished Vanguard Award for Leadership (Woman)
- Vanguard Award for Cable Operations Management
- Vanguard Award for Programmers
- Vanguard Award for Science and Technology
- Vanguard Award for Government and Community Relations
- Vanguard Award for Marketing
- Vanguard Award for Associates and Affiliates
- Vanguard Award for Young Leadership
Award candidates may be nominated by representatives of NCTA member companies, and winners are selected by an Awards Committee composed of several members of the NCTA Board of Directors and former Award winners.
Additional, up-to-the-minute information on The Cable Show 2013 is available at www.thecableshow.com, or from NCTA's Department of Industry Affairs (202-222-2430). Prime exhibition space and sponsorship opportunities are available by contacting NCTA Convention Headquarters at (202) 463-7905 or e-mail [email protected].