NCTA SEEKS NOMINATIONS FOR 2001 VANGUARD AWARDS
Washington, DC - The National Cable Television Association today announced the call for nominations for the 2001 Vanguard Awards, the cable industry's highest honors. The awards recognize individuals for outstanding achievement and leadership in various aspects of the industry. The deadline for nomination submissions is Friday, March 30. The Vanguard Awards will be presented Wednesday, June 13, at a special lunch during Cable 2001, NCTA's 50th Annual Convention and International Exposition. This year's annual meeting will be held June 10 – 13 in Chicago, Illinois.
The ceremony will honor Award recipients in the following categories:
- Distinguished Vanguard Awards for Leadership (Male and Female)
- Vanguard Award for Young Leadership
- Vanguard Award for Programmers
- Vanguard Award for Associates and Affiliates
- Vanguard Award for Science and Technology
- Vanguard Award for Cable Operations Management
- Vanguard Award for Government and Community Relations
- Vanguard Award for Marketing
Nomination forms must be completed and returned no later than Friday, March 30, to NCTA's Awards Committee, c/o Industry Affairs Department, 1724 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20036-1969. For further information or to receive nomination forms for the Vanguard Awards, contact NCTA's Industry Affairs Department at 202-775-3669. Details also are available on the Cable 2001 web site at www.cable2001.com.
John S. Hendricks, Chairman and CEO of Discovery Communications, Inc., and immediate past Chairman of the NCTA Vanguard Awards Committee, presented the 2000 Vanguard Awards to the following honorees during Cable 2000:
- John J. Rigas, Chairman, President & CEO, Adelphia Communications Corporation
- Maggie Wilderotter, President & CEO, Wink Communications, Inc.
- William F. Goodwyn, Executive Vice President, Affiliate Sales & Marketing, Discovery Networks, U.S.
- Betty Cohen, President, Cartoon Networks Worldwide
- Paul S. Maxwell, Chairman & CEO, BIGPIPE.com, LLC
- Tony G. Werner, Chief Technology Officer and Executive Vice President, Engineering & Technical Operations, AT&T Broadband
- Leo Brennan, Vice President & General Manager, Cox Communications, Inc. (Orange County)
- James P. Cottingham, Executive Vice President, Time Warner Cable
- Bertram W. Carp, Partner, Williams & Jensen, P.C.
- Douglas V. Holloway, Executive Vice President, Networks Distribution & Affiliate Relations, USA Networks