NCTA President and CEO Michael Powell is the featured guest this week on C-SPAN’s The Communicators, where much of the discussion focused on the Biden administration’s infrastructure plan, specifically its broadband provisions.
While the full 30-minute interview is available here, we used C-SPAN’s video clipping tool to develop several soundbites on the key issues that were covered. Those topics include:
- Importance of targeted funding,
- How to future proof new networks,
- The success of direct consumer subsidies, and
- Warning against rate regulation.
Powell also talked about other topics ranging from:
- The success of America’s networks amid the pandemic,
- Making sure unserved communities are the first priority,
- The value of a megabit, and
- How open internet principles are the backbone of the industry.
To listen to the full discussion, stream the interview below or watch it on C-SPAN Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 6:30pm ET.