October may be known as the month for pumpkins and Halloween costumes, but did you know that it's also National Cybersecurity Awareness Month? As our lives intersect with and depend more and more…
Imagine the Possibilities in Imagine Park
This morning, we’ll kick off a blur of activity at Imagine Park, an expanded version of last year’s special venue The Park. It’s bigger and better and definitely a don’t-miss for the Show. Located out on the exhibit floor, Imagine Park is featuring 10 hours of live demos and discussions about how cable's recent waves of innovation. If you’re here in Boston, you can sit in the audience, but if you couldn’t make it, you can still watch it all live on the Web.
- The App Pond is a showcase within Imagine Park for newly developed applications for tablets, smartphones, and other connected devices. This aquatic showcase will highlight the best in cable’s mobile media, branded entertainment, home and lifestyle and educational applications.
- NCTA, in partnership with the Application Developers Alliance, is hosting a live, 48-hour student developer competition (a.k.a., the “hack-a-thon”). Student teams from MIT, Stanford, Rutgers, Wellesley and Pace will compete against each other and against the clock. An esteemed panel will judge the completed, functioning apps and award cash prizes to the top three teams during a special Imagine Park segment.
- Start-up Alley will showcase a collection of local Boston-area start-ups developing exciting new projects in the TV and Broadband marketplace. Featuring powerful and forward-looking demonstrations, Start-up Alley will introduce new ideas and fresh thinking around the exploding broadband landscape.
- Putting the You in UX: Media Gets Personal
- Speed to Market: Enabling Faster Innovation Cycles
- Evolve - Take 1: Pushing Products and Platforms to New Levels
- Startup Alley: Inside Boston’s Thriving Innovation District
- Control Freak: Natural User Interfaces Find Their Way Home
- Smart Energy: The Power of Broadband
- Second Screens: Making the First Screen Interactive and Fun
- Is Cable Doing Enough to Keep Millennials? [Live Debate: Harvard vs. Columbia]
- Customer Relations: Tools and Tech for Customer Convenience
- Imagine App Challenge: The Finals!
- Evolve - Take 2: Pushing Products and Platforms to New Levels
- Ideas in Action: Driving Broadband Adoption in America