- Annual Walter Kaitz Dinner Raises Nearly $1.7 Million to Conclude Diversity Week
- Another Dominant Night as Premium TV Takes Big Emmy Wins
- Why NCTA is Now The Internet & Television Association
- Coming Together to Prioritize Diversity
- Cable’s Industry-Wide Initiative to Support Veterans Year-Round
If you follow the discussions on this blog, you would be well-advised to watch this excerpt of Kara Swisher’s interview with Comcast COO Steve Burke at the D8 Conference.
Burke makes a good case for cable’s resilience in the face of the supposed looming threat of online video (See my post from last week). I particular enjoy the bit, during an exchange about “à la carte” offerings of service, when Burke gently chides Swisher for comparing the monthly price for Comcast’s video service to the daily price for the Wall Street Journal.