- Is the FCC About to Put 5G Deployment in the Slow Lane?
- MTV’s Transgender Awareness Week Initiative Is ‘Television Done Right’
- Set-Top Box Energy Efficiency Agreement Named ‘Project of the Year’
- Internet Trends Report Shows Streaming Dominates Internet Traffic
- Mobile and Social: How We’re Really Getting Our News
Since 1994, cable has increased broadband speeds dozens of times, often by many orders of magnitude. Earlier this year The Connectivist released an infographic revealing just how dramatic the change over the last 17 years has been.
So when an all new top residential broadband speed was announced (a whopping 505 Mbps), the chart needed an update. This week’s #BroadData is the re-released cable broadband chart, complete with a space shuttle reference point.
The space shuttle is the fastest thing ever built. So the question now is, when cable goes faster, what will we use for comparison?
Click to Enlarge