The Annual Convention Will Host Mayor of Los Angeles Eric Garcetti, FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler and top executives from AMC Networks, Comcast, Cisco, Cox, ESPN, Time Warner Cable, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., Suddenlink, Producers from “Mad Men”, “Masters of Sex”, “Sons of Anarchy”, “The Divide”
Washington, D.C. - March 18, 2014 - The National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) today announced the first group of confirmed general session speakers for The Cable Show 2014, to be held at the Los Angeles Convention Center in California, from April 29 – May 1.
Each year, The Cable Show hosts the top influencers in entertainment, broadband, advanced technology, content creation, public policy, business and programming to moderate and participate in informative and engaging discussions, which are open to all registered attendees. Today’s announced line up of industry leaders and dignitaries includes:
Tuesday, April 29 – 10:00 am to 11:20 am
- Nancy Dubuc – President & CEO, A+E Networks
- Eric Garcetti – Mayor, City of Los Angeles
- Jerry Kent – Chairman & CEO, Suddenlink Communications
- Rob Marcus – Chairman & CEO, Time Warner Cable
- John Martin – CEO, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
- Michael Powell - President & CEO, NCTA
- John Skipper - President, ESPN, Inc. & Co-Chairman, Disney Media Networks
Wednesday, April 30 – 10:00 am to 11:20 am
- Michelle Ashford – Creator, Writer, Executive Producer, ‘Masters of Sex’ on Showtime
- Richard LaGravenese – Co-Creator, ‘The Divide’ on WEtv
- Brian Roberts – Chairman & CEO, Comcast Corporation
- Kurt Sutter – Creator, Writer, Producer, Actor, ‘Sons of Anarchy’ on FX
- Thomas Wheeler – Chairman, Federal Communications Commission
Thursday, May 1 – 10:00 am to 11:20 am
- Pat Esser – President, Cox Communications
- Rob Lloyd – President Development & Sales, Cisco Systems
- Josh Sapan – President & CEO, AMC Networks
- Matthew Weiner - Creator, Writer, Director, Executive Producer, "Mad Men" on AMC
The Cable Show 2014 is co-chaired by Rob Marcus, Chairman and CEO of Time Warner Cable, and John Skipper, President of ESPN, Inc., and Co-Chairman of Disney Media Networks.
In addition to the general sessions, educational breakout sessions are also planned. Imagine Park, the show’s amphitheater for thought leadership and innovation located on the exhibit floor, will host the Imagine Film Challenge, where student teams create short films to be judged by top entertainment influencers.
For additional information about The Cable Show 2014, visit www.thecableshow.com and follow @CableShow and #cable2014. Exhibit space and sponsorship opportunities are available by contacting NCTA Convention Headquarters at (202) 463-7905 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org