WASHINGTON, D.C. – The National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) today announced the first slate of confirmed speakers for general sessions at The Cable Show 2013 to be held at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C. from June 10-12, 2013.
Each year, the three general sessions at The Cable Show hosts top names in media and entertainment, policy, technology, and business.
This year’s lineup includes:
- Arne Duncan, U.S. Secretary of Education [Wednesday, June 12]
- Jeff Bewkes, Chairman & CEO, Time Warner, Inc. [Tuesday, June 11]
- Glenn Britt, Chairman & CEO, Time Warner Cable [Wednesday, June 12]
- Philippe Dauman, President & CEO, Viacom, Inc. [Tuesday, June 11]
- Michael Fries, President & CEO, Liberty Global, Inc. [Tuesday, June 11]
- Brian Roberts, Chairman & CEO, Comcast Corporation [Tuesday, June 11]
- Anne Sweeney, Co-Chairman, Disney Media Networks and President, Disney-ABC Television Group, The Walt Disney Company [Monday, June 10]
The Cable Show 2013 is co-chaired by Abbe Raven, President & CEO, A+E Networks, and Pat Esser, President, Cox Communications. Additional speaker and schedule announcements are forthcoming.
In addition to the general sessions, more than 40 educational sessions about operations, new services, programming, marketing, advertising, information technology, finance and public policy are planned. Educational sessions include the Spring Technical Forum, a joint presentation of juried and invited technology papers presented by NCTA, CableLabs and SCTE. Also, more sessions will be presented in Imagine Park, the show’s amphitheater for thought leadership and innovation located on the exhibit floor.