WASHINGTON, D.C. – The National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) today announced its full line-up of participants in the three general sessions at The Cable Show 2012, NCTA’s 61st Annual Convention and International Exposition. The Cable Show takes place May 21-23, 2012, at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center.
The following speakers will complement dozens of other sessions, programs, special events, and a robust exhibit floor, at The Cable Show 2012.
Monday, May 21 at 10:00 a.m. (EDT)
Welcome by Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick and Show co-chairs:
- Philip Kent, Chairman & CEO, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
- Neil Smit, President & CEO, Comcast Cable and Executive Vice President, Comcast Corporation
State of the Industry Address:
- Michael Powell, President & CEO, NCTA
Industry Panel: How innovative companies are positioning themselves to take advantage of an anytime, anywhere, anything-goes media environment.
Moderator: Erin Burnett, Chief Business and Economics Correspondent and Anchor, “Erin Burnett OutFront,” CNN.
- Tim Armstrong, Chairman & CEO, AOL
- Glenn Britt, Chairman & CEO, Time Warner Cable
- David Zaslav, President & CEO, Discovery Communications
Tuesday, May 22 at 9:30 a.m. (EDT)
Industry Panel -- Digital Disruption: The impact of digital distribution on the future of entertainment, communications and commerce in our daily lives.
Moderator:Julia Boorstin, Media and Entertainment Reporter, CNBC
- Edward Burns, Film Director, Actor and Writer
- Reo Caraeff, President & CEO, VEVO
- Dan Mead, President & CEO, Verizon Wireless
- Neil Smit, President & CEO, Comcast Cable, and Executive Vice President, Comcast Corporation
One-on-One Conversation: Julius Genachowski, Chairman of the Federal Communications Commission, will be interviewed by Michael Powell, NCTA President & CEO.
Political Panel -- Campaigns in Context: A candid discussion of the U.S. political scene and the forthcoming presidential election in the context of a rapidly changing environment for the delivery of news and the framework for civic dialogue.
Moderator: Steve Scully, Sr. Executive Producer and Political Editor, C-SPAN
- John King, Chief National Correspondent and Anchor, “John King, USA,” CNN
- Chris Matthews, Host, “Hardball with Chris Matthews,” MSNBC
- Maria Elena Salinas, Co-Anchor, “Noticiero Univision,” Univision
Wednesday, May 23 at 9:30 a.m. (EDT)
One-on-One Conversation: Conan O’Brien, Host of “Conan” on TBS, will be interviewed by Piers Morgan, Host of “Piers Morgan Tonight” on CNN.
Sports Panel – Good Sports: The impact of digital media and around-the-clock access on the economics and strategies of the modern-day sports business.
Moderator: Darren Rovell, Sports Business Reporter, CNBC
- David Hill, Chairman & CEO, Fox Sports Media Group
- David Levy, President of Sales, Distribution & Sports, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
- John Skipper, President, ESPN, Inc. & Co-Chairman, Disney Media Networks, ESPN, Inc.
- David Stern, Commissioner, National Basketball Association
Industry Panel -- Whose Viewer Is It? Viewpoints about competition and collaboration in an environment where plentiful delivery options have blurred traditional business boundaries.
Moderator: Piers Morgan, Host, “Piers Morgan Tonight,” CNN
- Jeffrey Bewkes, Chairman & CEO, Time Warner, Inc.
- Chase Carey, Deputy Chairman, President & COO, News Corporation
- Patrick Esser, President, Cox Communications
- Ted Sarandos, Chief Content Officer, Netflix
Live streaming for all general sessions will be available at live.thecableshow.com.
Additional, up-to-the-minute information for The Cable Show 2012 is available at www.thecableshow.com or from NCTA's Department of Industry Affairs (202-222-2430). Exhibition space and sponsorship opportunities are available by contacting NCTA Convention Headquarters at (202) 463-7905 or e-mail [email protected].
# # #