WASHINGTON, D.C. – The National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) today announced its full line-up of participants in the three general sessions at The Cable Show 2011, NCTA’s 60th Annual Convention and International Exposition. The Cable Show takes place June 14-16, 2011, at McCormick Place in Chicago.
Live Web access for all general sessions is available at www.live.thecableshow.com.
As part of the Thursday general session, Brian Roberts, Chairman and CEO of Comcast, will demonstrate Comcast’s next generation video product. This had not been previously announced.
Tuesday, June 14 at 10:30 a.m. (central)
Welcome by Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel, and Convention co-chairs:
- David Zaslav, President and Chief Executive Officer, Discovery Communications
- Jerry Kent, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Suddenlink Communications
State of the Industry Address:
- Michael Powell, President & Chief Executive Officer, NCTA
Panel – Disruption Central: A Roadmap for Reward in a Shifting Marketplace
Moderator: Liz Claman, Fox Business Network.
- Jeff Bewkes, Chairman & CEO, Time Warner, Inc.
- Glenn Britt, Chairman & CEO, Time Warner Cable
- Chase Carey, Deputy Chairman, President & COO, News Corporation
- Philippe Dauman, President & CEO, Viacom, Inc.
- Patrick Esser, President, Cox Communications
- Neil Smit, President, Comcast Cable Communications
Wednesday, June 15 at 9:15 a.m. (central)
- Julius Genachowski, Chairman of the Federal Communications Commission will be interviewed by Michael Powell, NCTA President & CEO.
Panel – Value Proposition: Cable’s Rising Role in the Modern Media Mix
Moderator:Maria Bartiromo, CNBC
- David Haslingden, President & COO, Fox Networks Group
- Ken Lowe, Chairman, President & CEO, Scripps Networks Interactive
- Robert Marcus, President & COO, Time Warner Cable
- Michael Willner, Vice Chairman & CEO, Insight Communications, Inc.
Panel – Hearts and Minds and Commercials: Election Outlook 2012
Moderator: Candy Crowley, CNN
- David Axelrod, Senior Adviser to President Barack Obama (2009-2011)
- Ed Gillespie, former counselor to President George W. Bush and former Chairman of the Republican National Committee
Panel – Reaching Out: Advertising Strategy for a Shifting Media Environment
Moderator:Maria Bartiromo, CNBC
- Bill Koenigsberg, President, CEO & Founder, Horizon Media
- Tim Spengler, President, North America Initiative
- Bill Tucker, CEO, MediaVest Worldwide
Thursday, June 16 at 9:00 a.m. (central)
- A Conversation with Oprah Winfrey. Oprah will talk with Paula Zahn of Investigation Discovery.
- Dr. Jill Biden, the nation’s “Second Lady,” will speak about “Joining Forces,” the White House initiative on America’s commitment to supporting military families
- Brian Roberts, Chairman & CEO, Comcast Corporation, with a demonstration of the latest in cable technology.
Panel – Generation Next: Leveraging the Network for a New Era of Innovation
Moderator: Erin Burnett, CNN
- Sanjay Jha, Chairman & CEO, Motorola Mobility
- Thomas Rutledge, COO, Cablevision Systems Corporation
- Brian Roberts, Chairman & CEO, Comcast Corporation
Panel – Applications Accepted: Devices, Developers and the Transformation of Media
Moderator: Michael Powell, President & CEO, NCTA
- Tim Baxter, President, Consumer Business Division, Samsung Electronics America
- Sean Bratches, Executive VP, Sales & Marketing, ESPN, Inc.
- Eric Kessler, Co-President, Home Box Office, Inc.
Additional, up-to-the-minute information for The Cable Show 2011 is available at www.thecableshow.com.
# # #