WASHINGTON, D.C. – Patrick J. Esser, President of Cox Communications, was reelected as Chairman of the Board of Directors of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA). The election took place at The Cable Show on June 14, 2011 in Chicago, IL.
In addition, the following officers were reelected for a second one-year term: Glenn Britt, Chairman, President & CEO, Time Warner Cable, as Vice Chairman; Brian Roberts, Chairman & CEO, Comcast Corporation, as Treasurer; and Abbe Raven, President & CEO, A+E Networks, as Secretary. Alfred Liggins, Chairman, TV One, was appointed to fill an At-Large Appointed Director seat that was vacant due to the recent retirement of TV One’s Johnathan Rodgers.
The NCTA Board established the Executive Committee for 2011-2012. The Board includes: Tom Rutledge, COO, Cablevision Systems Corporation, as the Immediate Past Chairman of the NCTA Board; the above named Officers; and NCTA President & CEO Michael Powell in an ex officio role. The following were also named to the Executive Committee:
- Rocco Commisso, Chairman & CEO, Mediacom Communications Corporation
- Philippe Dauman, President & CEO, Viacom, Inc.
- Ronald Duncan, President, CEO & Co-Founder, GCI
- Jerry Kent, Chairman & CEO, Suddenlink Communications
- Mike Lovett, President & CEO, Charter Communications
- Steve Miron, CEO, Bright House Networks
- Michael Willner, Vice Chairman & CEO, Insight Communications
Other Board elections included:
- Associate Director: Bob Stanzione, Chairman & CEO, ARRIS, was reelected to serve a two-year term.
- At-Large System Directors: John Evans, Chairman & CEO, Evans Telecommunications, was reelected to another three-year term. Pat McAdaragh, President & CEO, Midcontinent Communications, was elected for a three-year term.
- At-Large Programmer Directors: David Haslingden, President & COO, Fox Networks Group; Brian Roberts, Chairman & CEO, Comcast Corporation, representing NBC Universal; and David Zaslav, President & CEO, Discovery Communications, were elected for two-year terms. Philippe Dauman, President & CEO, Viacom, was elected to serve a one-year term to finish the expired term of a previous Director.
- Rural/Small System Director: In April, 2011, Gary Shorman, President & CEO, Eagle Communications, was reelected for another two years.
Other directors were not subject to reelection.
# # #