WASHINGTON, D.C. – The National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) issued its annual call for nominations for the Vanguard Awards, the cable industry’s highest honor. Now in their 46th year, the Vanguard Awards honor the cable industry’s outstanding leaders in management, technology, programming, operations and marketing whose accomplishments benefit the entire industry.
The awards will be presented at a special ceremony on Thursday, June 16, 2011, during The Cable Show 2011, NCTA’s 60th Annual Convention and International Exposition, June 14-16, 2011, at McCormick Place in Chicago.
Nominations for the Vanguard Awards are due to NCTA by Friday, March 25, 2011. Further information and nomination forms are available at www.thecableshow.com/vanguards.
Inaugurated in 1965, the Vanguard Awards are presented annually to individuals with a commitment to excellence. Award winners are honored in the following categories:
- Distinguished Vanguard Award for Leadership (Man)
- Distinguished Vanguard Award for Leadership (Woman)
- Vanguard Award for Cable Operations Management
- Vanguard Award for Programmers
- Vanguard Award for Science and Technology
- Vanguard Award for Government and Community Relations
- Vanguard Award for Marketing
- Vanguard Award for Associates and Affiliates
- Vanguard Award for Young Leadership
Award candidates may be nominated by representatives of NCTA member companies, and winners are selected by an Awards Committee composed of several members of the NCTA Board of Directors and former Award winners.
Additional, up-to-the-minute information for The Cable Show 2011 is available at www.thecableshow.com, or from NCTA's Department of Industry Affairs (202-222-2430). Prime exhibition space and sponsorship opportunities are available by contacting NCTA Convention Headquarters at (202) 463-7905 or e-mail email@example.com.
# # #