Key Industry Leaders to Headline Opening and Closing General Sessions
National Show Heads for New Orleans, May 5 - 8
“Cable continues to lead the way in bringing Americans exciting and affordable services that transform and improve their lives – through diverse, compelling programming, as well as advanced video, high speed Internet access and competitive local telephone service,” said Maggie Wilderotter, NCTA Convention Chairman and President and CEO, Wink Communications. “Cable 2002 attendees will experience the latest in broadband technology and hear the outlook of cable’s key decision makers.”
"Our Opening and Closing General Sessions anchor a strong slate of compelling and informative sessions highlighting the advanced services available via cable's broadband infrastructure," said Barbara York, NCTA Senior Vice President of Industry Affairs and Chief Administrative Officer. "Our strong Cable 2002 speaker line-up enhances an already impressive convention designed to meet the evolving needs of its participants."
The Cable 2002 Opening General Session on Monday, May 6, will be hosted by Ron Insana, co-host of CNBC’s Business Center. Insana will moderate a panel featuring some of the industry’s top leaders, including:
- Richard D. Parsons, current Co-Chief Operating Officer of AOL Time Warner Inc., who will become CEO in May
- Brian Roberts, President of Comcast Corporation
- Michael Willner, President, Insight Communications, Inc.
“Cable operators, content providers, and suppliers are leading the pack in bringing Americans compelling services through exciting broadband technology. Our line-up of speakers represents a ‘who’s who’ of the people making it happen,” Sachs said.
Wednesday’s Closing General Session will feature a candid look at the business through the eyes of five key cable operators and service providers, including:
- Glenn Britt, Chairman & CEO of Time Warner Cable
- Rocco Commisso, Chairman & CEO of Mediacom Communications
- James Robbins, President & CEO of Cox Communications, Inc.
- Carl Vogel, President & CEO of Charter Communications
- Maggie Wilderotter, President and CEO, Wink Communications
Additional, up-to-the-minute Cable 2002 information, including convention schedule and registration materials, is available via the official web site (www.cable2002.com); from the Cable 2002 Fax on Demand Hotline (732/544-2514); or from the NCTA’s Department of Industry Affairs (202/775-3669).