The ceremony will honor Award recipients in the following categories:
- Distinguished Vanguard Awards for Leadership (Male and Female)
- Vanguard Award for Young Leadership
- Vanguard Award for Programmers
- Vanguard Award for Associates and Affiliates
- Vanguard Award for Science and Technology
- Vanguard Award for Cable Operations Management
- Vanguard Award for Government and Community Relations
- Vanguard Award for Marketing
John S. Hendricks, Chairman and CEO of Discovery Communications, Inc., and immediate past Chairman of the NCTA Vanguard Awards Committee, presented the 2000 Vanguard Awards to the following honorees during Cable 2000:
- John J. Rigas, Chairman, President & CEO, Adelphia Communications Corporation
- Maggie Wilderotter, President & CEO, Wink Communications, Inc.
- William F. Goodwyn, Executive Vice President, Affiliate Sales & Marketing, Discovery Networks, U.S.
- Betty Cohen, President, Cartoon Networks Worldwide
- Paul S. Maxwell, Chairman & CEO, BIGPIPE.com, LLC
- Tony G. Werner, Chief Technology Officer and Executive Vice President, Engineering & Technical Operations, AT&T Broadband
- Leo Brennan, Vice President & General Manager, Cox Communications, Inc. (Orange County)
- James P. Cottingham, Executive Vice President, Time Warner Cable
- Bertram W. Carp, Partner, Williams & Jensen, P.C.
- Douglas V. Holloway, Executive Vice President, Networks Distribution & Affiliate Relations, USA Networks