Walter Kaitz Foundation Donates $1.1 Million to Cable Diversity Organizations
WASHINGTON, D.C. -- The Walter Kaitz Foundation today announced $1.1 million in funding to Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT), the National Association for Multi-Ethnicity in Communications (NAMIC), and the Emma L. Bowen Foundation for their 2013 programs.
“For several years, the Foundation has proudly distributed needed funds to organizations that support and educate women and individuals of color. The careers of so many current and future cable executives are enhanced by the impressive programs created and led by our industry’s diversity organizations,” said David Porter, Executive Director of the Walter Kaitz Foundation.
Funding for these grants was generated as part of the Walter Kaitz Foundation’s Annual Fundraising Dinner held in September 2012 in New York City. More than 1,000 cable industry executives attended the fundraising gala that collected donations from the purchase of tables, tickets, advertising and other sponsorships.
As part of this year’s grant, the Kaitz Foundation is underwriting the bi-annual Workforce Diversity Survey conducted by NAMIC and WICT. This is an industry-wide survey on ethnic and gender diversity in the cable industry. A previous joint survey was first completed in 2011 by the two organizations and fully funded by the Kaitz Foundation.
Additional funding provides support for programs administered by all three cable diversity organizations, including:
- Rising Leaders Scholarship Program for Employees of Small to Mid-Sized Companies
- L. Patrick Mellon Mentoring Luncheon produced in conjunction with NAMIC
- L. Patrick Mellon Mentorship Program
- Leadership Seminar Program Scholarships for Employees of Small to Mid-Sized Companies
- Executive Leadership Development Program Scholarships for Employees of Small to Mid-Sized Companies
- L. Patrick Mellon Mentoring Luncheon produced in conjunction with WICT
Emma L. Bowen Foundation
- Link Mentoring Program
- 2013 Summer Conference
- Student Intern Sponsorship
More information about the annual Walter Kaitz Foundation Fundraising Dinner will be announced this spring. Further information about the Walter Kaitz Foundation can be found at www.walterkaitz.org.